To share this news on Facebook click here
Dancesport NSW Open Championships
The recently renovated Round House at UNSW has proven to be a great venue for NSW to bring together its finest dancers. This premier event didn’t disappoint, with great facilities, beautiful sound, lighting and ambience all providing the stage for our dancers to perform at their best.
Great team effort
The NSW state branch pulled together to provide a well-run program that provided this much-needed Championship in NSW. The fields and audience were consistent all day, culminating in the spectacular competitions of our amateur Standard and Latin competitors.
Neale and Nicole Byrnes were the worthy recipients of the Chairman’s award for their significant contribution to the industry through their not-for-profit program Dance Move Engage.
Sponsors and winners
Our fabulous sponsors and winners of the main events were:
- Naming Rights Sponsor: Sydney Diamante and also sponsored 100 place-getters with standard and Latin practice wear
- Silver Sponsor: iHealth Sauna (also had a home infrared sauna on display at the event)
- Bronze Sponsors: Michael Kent Safety and Ryde Natural Health Clinic
- Product Sponsors:
- TypeQuick: sponsored all Juveniles with an online typing course
- Papaya: sponsored Masters 2 Open Standard 1st/2nd/3rd place-getters with gift vouchers
- Travel Crafters: sponsored every competitor and first 100 spectators with international travel vouchers. Further sponsorship for Masters 1 Open Standard and Masters 3 Open NV winners.
- SuppaKiss: sponsored Youth Open Latin and Adult Open Latin finalist with double pack lip balm
- MBWDC: sponsored winners of Recreational Juvenile Couples Latin and Junior Open Standard with free tickets to the 2019 event
- Sydney Ballroom: sponsored the highest placed Junior Open couple over three styles with return airfares to the Australians
- GlamourDance: sponsored every attendee with a discount shoe voucher
- Delivery partners: SaveLife sponsored our first aid medic.
Thank you to our valuable sponsors - we are most appreciative and without you our competitions would not be feasible.