To share this news on Facebook click here
Introducing the UNDER 16 DIVISION
Exciting Development for DanceSport Australia
The junior and Juvenile divisions have both developed to a stage where the current system is simply not working. Some of the current issues faced by many parents and promoters:
- Too big a leap to go from recreational to amateur, losing students in this transition
- Variable costs for registration
- Little or no competition for Amateur couples (but higher cost)
- Complex and confusing system of registration
- Dress codes that do not comply with international standards
- Not current or in alignment with international choreography
To resolve these issues, DSA have taken extensive discussion to create a clear pathway forward where all children (under 16 years) will be able to compete equally and in line with both major international bodies.
Starting January 1st, 2020, we commence with the, Under 16 Division.
This Division will include all Sub-Juvenile, Juvenile and Junior competitors.
Junior (Under 16) will have three grades, A, B and C. Events will be provided for both couples and individual competitors over the three grades. Events for Solo competitors may also be included depending on the Competition Organiser.
- Approved Syllabus for Boy/Girl and Solo events (judged as individual competitors)
- All couples events will be free from choreographic restriction (judged as couples)
- Can wear Recreational street wear or can wear Junior Dress restriction
Juvenile (Under 13, and Sub-Juvenile: under 10 years) will have three grades, A, B and C. Events will be provided for both couples and individual competitors over the three grades. Events for Solo competitors may also be included depending on the Competition Organiser.
- Must adhere to Approved Syllabus for all Juvenile events
- Must adhere to Juvenile Dress restrictions.
If you are currently dancing as an under 16 amateur competitor, the only change is YOU WILL BE PAYING LESS.
All under 16 will pay $30 for a years registration or $10 for a Day Pass.
If you are currently a Recreational competitor, you will be given a new registration number and transferred into C Grade starting January 1.
The introduction of the Under 16 Division will also be accompanied by updated Dress and Chorography codes.These will be explained in detail in the next newsletter, however don't panic ... everything that is currently allowed will be allowed under the new code.
You will be able to wear and dance more!
Want to see how this looks in a competition's syllabus? CLICK HERE to see ...