2022 State Branch Annual General Meeting & Election Notice
Notice is hereby given of the 2022 Annual General Meeting of each State Branch of DanceSport Australia Limited. This year this will also include elections for each State Branch Board. Below is some important information for members regarding attendance, nominations, voting rights and proxies.
Attendance and Voting Rights
Only Members of DanceSport Australia who are financial as at 1 August 2022 and are over the age of 16 years are entitled to attend and vote at DSA meetings - this ensures your name is recorded in the National Register of Members. Additionally, you must have held your membership for at least 12 months.
Structure of State Branch Boards
The State Branch Boards to be elected at the meeting are made up of nine representatives, which include:
- 2 Coach Representatives;
- 2 Competitor Representatives; and
- 5 General Member Representatives
Nomination for Election to State Branch Board
Any person who is an Ordinary Member of DSA and who has voting rights may nominate for election to the State Branch Board. Nominations must be made in writing to the General Secretary, and are to be received 14 days prior to the date of your State Branch Meeting. Nominations do not need to be seconded.
Members in each Branch are eligible to nominate and/or vote in each category that they currently hold membership. For example:
- If you are a licenced coach (meaning you hold DSA Coaching accreditation), you are eligible to nominate and vote for Coach Representatives and in the General Category.
- If you are a competitor, you are eligible to nominate and vote for Competitor Representatives and in the General Category.
- If you are a licenced coach and competitor, you are eligible to nominate and vote in all categories (Coach, Competitor and General).
If you are unable to attend the State Branch AGM, you can complete a Proxy Form. Proxy Forms allow you to give your voting rights to another Member who will be in attendance at the meeting. Proxies must be received by the State Branch Executive Officer by close of business 48 hours prior to your State Branch Meeting.
State Branch AGM Dates
Below are the details for the meetings for each State, where known.