To share this news on Facebook click here
Members Registration Procedures 2019
Registration Renewal of Membership is due on January 1, 2019. It is preferred that all members use the Online Registration System; however the Manual Registration System will also remain in place for 2019. Please follow the instructions below.
Online Registration System
The Online system will accept 2019 renewals of registration from December 14, 2018.
To complete the process members will need their user name, password and credit card.
- Go to www.dancesport.org.au and click on “p5000”, and follow the prompts
- Enter ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ to log in
- Go to Registration Renewal and follow the prompts ensuring that all details are accurate and correct
Contact details can be altered, but not date of birth or accreditation level.
If either is incorrect, members should contact the National Registrar.
For members who registered for the first time in 2018, the relevant State Branch Registrar can provide the ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’.
Manual Registration System
The manual registration procedures will be continued for 2019 as follows:
Competitors and General Member Registration
Complete the "Membership / Competitor Registration" form (available from your State Registrar or Executive Officer, or on the DSA web site at www.dancesport.org.au under the menu item “Members”) and forward it with the appropriate fee payment to your respective State Branch Registrar or Executive Officer. Date of Birth details are only required if registering for the first time.
Accredited Member Registration
Complete the “Membership / Registration Accreditation Renewal" form (available from your State Registrar or Executive Officer, or on the DSA web site at www.dancesport.org.au under the menu item “Accreditation”) and forward it with the appropriate fee payment to the National Registrar. (Address shown on the bottom of the form)
Members who hold DSA Accreditation as an Adjudicator, Coach, Instructor, Invigilator, Chairman or Scrutineer should note the “Working with Children” clause may vary from state to state.
- A qualification is only recognised if the registration is maintained from one registration period to the next.
- If a member is also a competitor, the same form must be used to register in this category.
Competitors / DanceSport Instructors Amateur division competitors, who are DanceSport Instructors please note that, for the accreditation to remain effective, registration in both sections must remain current. Complete the “Application for "Membership/Registration & Accreditation Renewal” form (available from your State Registrar or Executive Officer, or on the DSA web site at www.dancesport.org.au under the menu item “Accreditation”). The fee payable covers both competitor and instructor registrations.
General Registration Information
- Membership of DSA is not effective until it has been recorded on the National Database
- A receipt for fees paid will be issued
- Fees are inclusive of GST. Tax Invoice requirements are noted on the receipt
- Payments made by cheque or money order are made payable to DanceSport Australia
- Fee increases reflect the national CPI index, and where applicable, increased processing costs
- Sports Injury Insurance is included in membership fees
- The registration number remains constant from year to year. Please ensure that this is recorded on the renewal application
- The address shown on the application form or member portal should be a personal mailing address. A dance studio address is not acceptable
- It is in everyone’s best interest to read the detail on the registration form before completing the registration
Additional supplies of registration forms can be downloaded from the DSA website.